Color and Personality
In the United Kingdom, research suggested that the color of your car says something about your personality type. And accordingly, based on your personality type, your likeliness to be involved in an accident (in the U.K. at least). That research showed that black cars are twice as likely to be involved in crashes as cream-color cars. Whether this is true in the United States is unclear.
Just for fun, here is what the research implied about certain car colors (listed in order of most dangerous to least)1.
- Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who’s an outsider or rebel.
- Silver cars indicate someone who is cool, calm and slightly aloof.
- Green cars can often be chosen by people with hysterical tendencies.
- Yellow cars signify someone who is idealistic, and novelty loving.
- Blue cars are chosen by the more introspective, reflective and cautious driver.
- Red cars denote those who are full of zest, energy and drive and who think, move and talk quickly.
- Pink cars are chosen by gentle, loving and affectionate drivers.
- White cars represent status-seeking extrovert drivers.
- Cream cars are the least likely to be involved in accidents and denote self-contained and controlled owners.