1. The First Japanese car in the United States was the Honda Accord in November 1982.
2. The first Porsche 911 was introduced in 1964 and generated a power output of 130 bhp.
3. Chevrolet Impala was one such car that had enjoyed a breaking sales record of more than one million in 1965.
4. The first cars used lever instead of steering wheel
5. An airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to inflate after an accident.
6. Ferrari makes a maximum of 14 cars every day.
7. The world’s longest traffic hold-up was between Paris and Lyon on the French Autoroute in 1980. it was about 110 miles long.
8. The first auto insurance policy was purchased in in 1897 in Westfield, MA.
9. Tata breaks the world records by producing the world’s cheapest car, Tata Nano.
10. Windshield wipers were introduced by a woman.
11. The first self-propelled car was invented by Nicolas Cugnot in 1769. It had three wheels, a boiler-engine in the front, and was able to run at a speed of 6 km/h.
12. Nicolas Cugnot was the first person involved in a car accident in 1771 when his three wheel car hit a wall.
13. In the late 18th century, Issac de Rivaz designed steam-powered cars. He also designed the internal combustion engine that used a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen to generate power.
14. Before inventing the first practical four-stroke engine, Nikolaus Otto was working in a grocery store in 1876.
15. In 1887, Benz was the first car company to be offered for sale.
A list of helpful links for auto repairs: TIRE BRANDS: BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Continental Tires, Dunlop, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Kumho Tires, Michelin, Pirelli, Sumitomo, Uniroyal, Yokohama Tires. SERVICES: AirConditioning, Alignments, Balance, Belts and Hoses, Brakes Inspection, Cooling Systems, Electrical Systems, Fuel Injection, Tune Ups, Mufflers, Oil Changes, Power Steering, Shocks, Struts, Transmissions. ABOUT US: Store Locations, Contact Us, Fleet Accounts, Coupons, Finance Center, Share Your Opinion, Tutorials BLOG: Brakeorama Pirelli, Goodyear Brakeorama, Brakeorama Goodyear, Brakeorama.Org, WordPress. EMAIL US. Social networks: FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOU TUBE From: ArticlesBase “Top 15 interesting Car Facts”